worrying in my mid-20s vs. early 20s
Things I worry about now that I didn’t before…
– My job turning into a career… last week my boss told me that if our three year plans didn’t match up we would have a problem. Before last week I sort of thought my life would just be a swirl of colours and burgers and lovers and then at about 50 I would live in the countryside on a farm with one pig, one sheep, one goat, two dogs, three cats, three chickens and maybe a Shetland pony.
– Talking about the future… how the hell will I ever pay off £22000 worth of student loans? I’m three years out of uni and I’ve paid £800. Last week I stole toilet paper from work.
– I’m becoming painfully paranoid that supermarkets are out to shame me for being single. The pack of baby spinach I picked up today in the supermarket was from the “Solo” range. I actually chose not to buy spinach because it made me feel overwhelmingly alone in the world.
– Whether I can touch my toes and why everything aches nowadays…
– I have a fear of meeting the love of my life on the tube and probably elbowing him passively aggressively into the arms of another not so hostile commuter.
– The correlation between how much I work and how little I care about how I look. Somedays I consider wearing pajamas to work.
– Do I read enough? In fact, do I have enough hobbies? Does traveling 40 minutes for a doughnut count as a hobby?
– Do I get enough fresh air? I went for a walk this morning and I felt dizzy. I had to go straight home, close the curtains and stream poor quality videos off my laptop whilst I hid under my blanket.
– Will I be forever alone, and more worryingly, do I care about being forever alone? I’m pretty sure if I was more worried I’d probably stop googling cats so often.
– I wonder if I can go a year without making any horrendous love life decisions which end up with me being a
hot mess drinking shots off strangers and dancing on tables.
– Why do I only have 442 twitter followers… make that 441……… am I destined to talk to myself on Twitter forever?
– Talking of social media… I worry about the fact that receiving Facebook likes gives me far more self validation then anything else in the world right now…
– Getting too fat.
– Getting too thin.
Things I don’t worry about that I did before…
– my sexual performance.
Let’s keep going.